"When so I ponder, here apart, what shallow boons suffice my heart, what dust-bound trivia capture me,
I marvel at my normalcy."--Dorothy Parker

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

road trip: d.c.

Two days + Two tiny kids = Just enough time to...

Gather dandelions and a Teddy Roosevelt-sized stick on a walk to the White House
 Goof around in the hotel room
Experiment with a milk mustaches and a Daddy-made hairdo
 And discover cilantro scrambled tofu and salted oatmeal cookies 
at Teaism.  Both were delicious!
Oh, and check out Dali's Last Supper at the National Gallery of Art, with a stop in the gift shop to get books for the ride home



As we pulled up in front our our building in New York at 1am, we had to admit that our two kid traveling experiment was more exhausting that we thought it would be, but don't expect us to stick around for long. 
Big summer plans are in the works!

2 comments:

Breezy said...

I hope some of your plans include visiting us. I miss you and I need to meet Townsend!

Tracy Balderach said...

I love the pics from this trip. Blogging is essential because looking back on them helps to forget how hard the traveling is so that you make future trips :)