"When so I ponder, here apart, what shallow boons suffice my heart, what dust-bound trivia capture me,
I marvel at my normalcy."--Dorothy Parker

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

something to talk about


I love TED talks for the five- to twenty-minute intellectual break they give me from thinking about parenting while I'm actually doing it--I have the free app on my iPhone and I also watch them on Netflix and Hulu--but this video about parenting was one that I just had to share. I and several of my friends are in the throes of new parenthood or are contemplating it, and we talk about these very issues all the time. This presentation by Rufus Griscom + Alsia Volkman of Babble.com is a humorous, well-framed discussion of happiness (and sometimes the lack thereof) in parenting.

If you get a chance to have a look, let me know what you think! And for more TED talks, click here.

2 comments:

o charm said...

yes. every couple preparing for parenthood should see this. and there are several more taboos to be added to the list.

Amy Asay Keele said...

That was great! Thanks. Good for them!