"When so I ponder, here apart, what shallow boons suffice my heart, what dust-bound trivia capture me,
I marvel at my normalcy."--Dorothy Parker

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

doin' the charleston



At our house, preparation for any trip to Europe involves, of necessity, a lot of Daft Punk--downloading new albums, listening to old ones, and, this time, watching the music videos on YouTube with Violette (she is insisting on spelling her name en francais, at the moment). Which is how we stumbled across this video, which, I warn you, is more than a little addictive. Watch it once, and you will want to watch it again and again.

(Incidentally, I watched the video with its original soundtrack, and it doesn't seem to suit the dancing nearly as well. Funny to think that these guys, who probably seemed so of their time, were actually way, way ahead of it...)

1 comment:

o charm said...

that's so awesome.