"When so I ponder, here apart, what shallow boons suffice my heart, what dust-bound trivia capture me,
I marvel at my normalcy."--Dorothy Parker

Monday, July 23, 2012

san fermin

Two weeks later, the smell of cheap wine and urine running through the streets of Pamplona is still in our nostrils. If we were hoping to impart life lessons to our four-year-old daughter and teenage nieces, the Festival of San Fermin would have been--and was--brilliantly effective.  But as we were looking for no more than a bit of pageantry in a small Spanish town and the thrill of seeing those powerful, iconic bulls charging through narrow, cobblestoned streets, we left feeling a bit assaulted and relieved to be out of the fray.








1 comment:

o charm said...

that last photo of violet is classic and i think accurately sums up her opinion of what went on that day. i can still hear her telling me "people were drinking a lot of alcohol. . ."
my kids are still telling me "Towns is the cutest boy in the whole world," and "I wish Violet is here."
miss you guys!