"When so I ponder, here apart, what shallow boons suffice my heart, what dust-bound trivia capture me,
I marvel at my normalcy."--Dorothy Parker

Sunday, February 22, 2015

year-end photo album, part ii


Christmas in Venice was perfect. Well, except for the large stroller that we had to carry up and over a canal bridge every twenty feet or so. When we find ourselves in such a situation, resembling Marie Antoinette's servants heaving a sedan chair around Versailles at hip level, all to preserve a princess's satin slippers, Steve says to our fortunate child, When we are very old, we are going to come back here and you are going to have to carry us around just like we are carrying you now. He means it, too.

But as I was saying, Venice was perfect. Food, the Holy Family, and Vivaldi's Four Seasons live on Christmas Night. Perfect.







1 comment:

KT said...

Great pictures! We also did Venice with out bumbleride jogger....Joshua however did not understand the great sacrifice :) We also thankfully had another set of friends that could help. I love the way you captured Venice.